Below you can find the November 2016 Update of the URCNA mission work in Bucharest, Romania.
Christ URC SanteeMihai CorceaordinationReformation RomaniaReformed Churches in EuropeReformed MissionsURCNAURCNA MissionsWestminster Seminary California
Comments are closed.
• Romania, with a population of 20 million people, is the 7th largest of the 28 countries of the European Union.
• Bucharest (2 million people) is the capital of Romania and the 6th largest city of the European Union.
• The ancestry of the Romanian people can be traced back to the Latinized Thracian population living in the Roman Empire, North of the Danube.
• Romanian language is one of the five Neo-Latin languages (together with French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese).
• After 40 years of communist dictatorship, Romania became a democracy in 1990, joining NATO in 2004 and the European Union in 2007.
• The social, cultural and economic life of Romania still bears the scars of four decades of communism.
• Most of the Romanian population is member of the Romanian Orthodox church. Out of the 2 million people that live in Bucharest, 97% are Eastern Orthodox.
• The historic Romanian Reformed denomination that was born during the Protestant Reformation died out almost two centuries ago, leaving the Romanian people without confessional Reformed witness.
© 2017 Reformation Romania
Theme by Anders Noren — Up ↑